Monday, September 14, 2015

Pearl Anniversary for the Golden Girls

Rue, Bea, Estelle, and Betty laugh it up.
I have to admit it. I'm one of those fans of The Golden Girls. The ones who have seen every episode at least a dozen times, and still watch. I even belong to a Facebook group devoted entirely to sharing GG jokes, memes, and memories. If you say "linguine with ear salve," or "In what, Blanche? Dog years?" I know exactly what you mean, and which episode it's in.

So naturally I can't let the 30th anniversary of this modern classic go unobserved. One of the best memories of researching and writing my first book was interviewing the great Betty White, back when she was just a kid of 84 or so.

Although most of my books are about the stars, films, and shows of the 1930s through the 1960s, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for four ladies who, in my mind at least, are still enjoying their golden years in Miami. Happy anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment