Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Coming Attraction

Oh, boy! I'm happy to announce that my sixth book, to be published next year, focuses on yet another unforgettable funny lady. My subject is none other than marvelous, madcap Martha Raye. The book, which provides a complete overview of her life and career, will be published in time to commemorate the centennial of her birth in 1916.

I've been knee-deep in research for more than a year now, piecing together the story of a remarkable career that encompassed movies, her highly rated TV variety shows of the 1950s, and even the zany Benita Bizarre of the beloved Saturday morning show The Bugaloos. I've had the opportunity to conduct some fascinating interviews with those who knew and worked with Miss Raye, and uncovered quite a bit of previously unpublished information about her storied career.

If you have any information to contribute, by all means please let me hear from you, via this blog. There's always room for another good story about this endlessly intriguing star.

No comments:

Post a Comment