Monday, December 15, 2014

Unexpected Pages

Have I mentioned in this illustrious blog that I am writing my sixth book on show business history for McFarland? Over the past nine years, I have greatly enjoyed the process of researching and writing nonfiction books, and I hope they've done at least a little to pay tribute to the actors and shows they cover. Earlier this year, I signed a contract for book #6, and it's currently about half done.

But in the past few weeks, I've unexpectedly found myself immersed in a completely different type of writing project, one that interrupted my book-in-progress with an urgency that took me by surprise. Before I quite stopped to think about it, I was writing as fervently and eagerly as I have in quite awhile. I'm not quite sure what to make of this new undertaking yet. I'm not even sure that what I've written, in this utterly new (to me) genre, is any good. But it sure makes life interesting these days.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment